Concrete Columns, Ceramic Vases or Recyclable Formworks are only a few examples for the application of Additive Manufacturing Techniques (3D-Printing). The challenge in their Manufacture lies in the automated digital design process as well as the generation of a continuous Printing Path (Slicing).
This course provides an insight into the basic mechanics of Python Scripting within the Grasshopper environment, allowing you to create tailored components for the Design, Analysis and Export of various expressive cylindric shapes.
To explore the aesthetic potential of 3D-Printing we dive into the influence of trigonometric functions as a design driver for corrugating-interfering surface patterns.
In 4 hours of video lessons you will apply the Python Syntax from the very Beginner to Intermediate Level. With a special focus on object-oriented scripting (Classes) the final script is able to create a multitude of one of a kind shapes within fractions of a second, visualizing their Data and eventually exporting their G-Code for a potential fabrication.
The 4-hour video course is divided into 7 parts and can be played on demand.
//course structure / content
1. Python 101: Data Types, Lists, Conditionals, Loops, Functions, Classes
2. Design of Cylindric-Base-Shapes
3. Surface Manipulation through Trigonometric Functions
4. Quantify Printing Statistics
5. Generation of G-Code
6. Visualizing Data: Create Mesh, Preview Printpath and Data
7. Export: Export G-Code, Mesh and Statistics
//required skills / software
- No prior knowledge required, Basic understanding of scripting (GH) helpful
- Grasshopper for Rhino3D
This python-course contains 4 hours of video-on-demand - tutorials. 99 $
If you are interest in this course, please click *here* or send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with following information:
Subject: Python Course 1
1. Your full name
2. Your home county (optional: home town)
3. Your background (student, teacher, other)
4. Preferred payment method: Pay Pal or Bank Transfer
5. Optional: Your affiliation
After I received your request I will get in touch with you and send a mail with a declaration form and the invoice. Once purchase is made you will get access to all the video lessons as well as the final script including the Python 101.
If you have any additional questions or feedback please get in touch with me via mail: email@example.com